Saturday 27 August 2016

A Story of Cancer, and Courage Through Community

We arrived a few minutes later the girls and I run a Bible Study for Youth, have all sat in the pergola where we met, I asked, "Let's go check out the poll ... as a person who will go first?"

One of the girls, filled with good news, he could not refrain. His behavior is not ordinary. This girl is often at the forefront of things. But there is something different. He has a smile on his face that belied what to share.

"Fiona (not her real name) has cancer!"

CANCER.

I had one of those moments where I feel I have been deceived, but I know I cheated (if I have cheated) is the result better than the 'so-called' teenage girl is to joke about something that serious.

He was not joking.

Fiona was suffering from cancer. A type of cancer that young. A cancer that they think they caught it early. But he has a series of chemotherapy treatments to bear; in fact, he has already begun. And she has some large-scale operation invasive to the future.

I asked Fiona to share information with the group about the cancer. I asked him to share how he will be mentally and emotionally ... and spiritually. It would be good, and everyone can see it. Just baptized a month ago, after cultivation because many of the girls in the program, she was motivated to see how God can use the fact that he has cancer; using his story to His Kingdom. He said he felt that his faith was real. I asked the rest of the group to share. "How else did you hear?" All people share how they were sent to share. A girl just said that she is still in shock. We talked about the grieving process; loss. As we often do. But this session is different.

Humor the girl obviously keep Fiona both the optimistic and on the ground. I say that in Romans 12 we are talking the love of Community, where we weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice. If laughing with Fiona, they must have cried with him. All silently agreed that it would be so.

I will come to the Bible study is ready to share in Matthew 06: 25-34, where Jesus said: "do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow has enough problems for us to handle and do not worry in any case, what you will eat, drink or wear, because God will supply all Your needs. "The Holy spirit precedes all of us. When I read the words of this verse that the area is quiet rocky - Fiona especially wise.

Fiona taught me something. The girls taught me something. They have once again shown; the community gives us the strength to fight with courage the misfortunes that will the floor we if we must travel that journey hard.

None of us pretend that everything is fine just because it runs well on the current at the top. There are a lot of difficult moments and forward can be addressed to Fiona and her friends.

Loss teaches us that when the unexpected; that we overcome quite a pain to achieve, until one day we will look back and ask, "When did the pain go?"


But in the Community, the difficulties are made more palatable.

0 yorum:

Post a Comment